Relationship between Brand Image and Customer Service:
- The quality of the service or product
- User experience
- The customer service
1. Active and simple communication channel(s) for customers:
2. Failure in addressing customer issues:
3. Disrespectful behavior with customers:
4. Lack of measures to resolve customer issues:
When first three mistakes take place regularly, the clear message customers receive that the organization isn’t interested in knowing the customer experiences and aren’t willing to take corrective measures for better service or product improvement.
Consequences of Poor Customer Service on Brand Image:
- Users may not remember effective marketing campaigns and celebrity endorsements, but they will never forget the experience they received and their experience will create a new – positive or negative – but firm image of the brand (at least for themselves).
- The obvious consequence can be the customer will stop using the product or service.
- It’s more possible that they will vent the negative experience about the brand which will harm the brand reputation. Social media, these days, has become a place where people share their product usage experiences.
- Third possibility will be they will choose your competitor.
- The worst possible outcome for you might be, they will spread the word about your competitor. In other words, your rude behavior or poor customer service may become an indirect reason for better brand image of your competitor.